lets see your tang tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
please post your best pics of your tang tank and lets see who's looks like your riding a sub in the middle of lake Tanganyika, and so i can see how to set up my tank

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
holy crap thats nice. how do you keep it from falling over? i try to stack stuff but i never seem to be able to. i guess its because my 55g isnt very wide. im assuming your tank is huge.

omg is that a blind cave fish in the back?

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
lol, no blind cave fish. You're probably looking at a Giant Danio ( fillers until I get on hands on some Leptosomas ). Tank is 75 gallons. There are 5 or 6 huge boulders laid out on top of eggcrate. Rocks were stacked on top of that base. Most of the rockwork is coral collected locally along with locally collected driftwood. The rock is really craggly and fits together like a puzzle. No shimmying at all. Cost me a few afternoons running around the woods to find the rock-work. Take a look at the rockwork in my old 55 in my profile. I was constantly worried about that slate falling over. Holey rock or coral fit together better.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
my holey rock fits ok, but in my 55 i dont have much depth to work with so its hard to fit a nice base. i just hate having to tear my work down to clean. is it alot of poundage? cuz ive got like a 20lbs base holey rock that i love but its hard to move around the tank.

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
I had the same problem in the 55. Those extra few inches of depth really help. Personally I don't like the 55 gallon footprint. It's just too narrow.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
yeah i wish they cut down the highth (brain fart, cant think of how to spell that) some and made it wider.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
could you get a tank custom made to your own dimentions or would it cost a small fortune?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store