Rough Rescape of my 55 Gallon Tank (Deep Root Amazon Theme)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

d&a

(o_O) (o_o) (O_o)
Jul 20, 2006
NYC
After deep consideration, I finally decided to act on a deep root theme tank, at first I wasn't so sure, because I was happy with my original setup, but after a year I needed something new, something unusual :drool: ...

At the moment it only holds angelfish, their beauty and grace caught my attention recently, I never thought I would be keeping them when I started my fish keeping, they never really caught my attention until I saw my GF's angelfish grew from a dime shape fish into a stunning veil tail beauty.

So this is my rough scape at the moment, it's not finalized yet, and the Terminalia catappa were just placed in, once they sink they should provide a more natural realistic floor and it should be a little more lit up, right now their floating around and blocking the source of light. Again this is only a rough scape, kind of hard to scape with alot of these branchy manzanita wood.

I'm still considering what to add besides my angelfish, I want a school of small fish. I was thinking either a school of Cardinal Tetras (Paracheirodon axelrodi) or a school of rasboras either Harlequin Rasbora (Trigonostigma heteromorpha) / Glo-Lite Rasbora (Trigonostigma hengeli). Though there are some nicely sized cardinal tetras available at my LFS, the rasboras on the other hand doesn't look that nice. But I'm leaning towards rasboras, so for the moment I'll hold off on what to add.

Before :

After :

Luvbugz

The Suicidal Townie
Apr 18, 2007
Indiana
Beautiful tank, but if you are going with an amazon theme I would skip the rasboras since they aren't native amazon species. I personally would go with something like rummy nosed tetras or another larger tetra species.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Really cool....dark, but cool.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store