Running DIY Co2 Through a c-160?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Paintballer99

AC Members
Jul 1, 2009
Is it possible to run DIY CO2 through a marineland c-160? If so how would I do it? (I want to know so I can see what I need to buy for DIY Co2 system)

Thanks!

Hebily

My Tank \/
Mar 15, 2009
Racine, Wi
Camera Used
Cannon or iPhone
lol... I just wanted to make sure that is what you meant...

I am not very familiar with the c series, or diy co2, but you will probably need to get a 'y' fitting that attaches in line in the canister's intake (I think it should go in the intake, not 100% sure) and attach the outlet from the diy to that. I haven't done this, and it might cause problems for the filter's pump. If it's attached on the discharge, I don't see how it would cause absorbtion, and it would put backpressure on the yeast bottle. Also, it should go in as close to the filter as possible, with a loop seal between the co2 in and the highest point in the hose...

I'm not really 100% sure this would work, but that would be what I would try.

Last edited:

Hebily

My Tank \/
Mar 15, 2009
Racine, Wi
Camera Used
Cannon or iPhone
Something else you could do that would be more 'leak proof' woulb be to run the outlet from the diy into the filter's intake tube through the intake screen. If you do this, you'll want to run it as far in as you can, and still make sure there is a loop seal between the end of the co2 hose and the high point in the intake hose.

*actually, thinking about it, a loop seal won't do anything. The high point in the hose will have the same effect... what I was worried about would happen with a seal also.

Paintballer99

AC Members
Jul 1, 2009
Hahaha yeah well, by the looks of it, I don't think I'm going to do it...I would rather try a glass diffuser, (plus it's an expensive filter in my case and I dont wanna mess anything up!!) Thanks though!

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
Just run the tube from the CO2 by the intake for the filter.Make sure the bubbles are getting sucked into the filter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store