Overstocked tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sturgeon

Registered Member
Jun 21, 2008
I reading around the forum lately and read a couple of stocking threads. It got me wondering, is my tank was overstocked? Only been keeping fish seriously for over a year.

I currently only have a 29 gallon tank.

Three angelfishes, half dollar sized,
five albino corydoras,
8 guppies

I know that I'll have to remove one of the angels if I should get a pair. The guppies are reproducing, but not fast enough since the angels devours all the babies.

Hopefully you guys and gals can help me determine if my tank is overstocked or not.

Sturgeon

Hebily

My Tank \/
Mar 15, 2009
Racine, Wi
Camera Used
Cannon or iPhone
A 29 would typically be used as a breeding tank for an adult pair of angels, without anything else, and not as a permanent home. I would say you are overstocked.
If the guppies are intended as feeders, then you can get away with a pair and the cories, but I would see about moving them to a bigger tank.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
It is not over-stocked, just that the angels will grow too big in a 29gal.

Hebily

My Tank \/
Mar 15, 2009
Racine, Wi
Camera Used
Cannon or iPhone
What she means is that it's not overstocked in terms of bioload, but the fish would not have enough space.

andyjs

AC Members
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
I think the basic consensus is that you aren't overstocked now, but you will be when the fish are full grown

Sturgeon

Registered Member
Jun 21, 2008
Thanks everybody! I'll see what I can do. Always wanted a bigger tank, great excuse to buy another one :devil:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store