area fish stores

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slugstheone

AC Members
Dec 8, 2002
Visit site
Here's the thing,
I live in lower Westchester and don't have too many really good saltwater fish stores around.There is a good one but it does'nt have that great of a selection of fish.I was wondering if anyone was in the southern Rockland/Westchester area and knew of any good stores with a wide variety of fish.
thanx,slugs:)

MichaelStern

AC Members
Sep 5, 2001
New Rochelle, NY
You have several options. There are two Petco's on central ave. Occasionally, you can find a nice fish or two and the prices are often very good. A big step up from Petco would be Exotic Pet warehouse in Yonkers. It is located on the service rd of 87, directly accross from Yonkers Raceway. They have a great selection, but they tend towards the more aggressive fish. Finally, if you can go a little further north, there is a very good fish store in Wappinger Falls. It is on Route 9, right next to the Home Depot. They have wonderful fish, better prices than Exotic Pet Warehouse, and they tend to have a better selection of friendly fish. They carry anthias and such. Good luck and welcome to the wonderul (and expensive) world of fish.

slugstheone

AC Members
Dec 8, 2002
Visit site
thanx mike.
you just named everywhere i go on central.and i have been going to pet wharehouse for years.and your right lots of aggresive fish but good selection.i think i will take a ride to wappingers..maybe i will see you there.and yes very expensive world.
slugs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store