90g up and running

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Robert04

Aspiring Self Proclaimed Expert
Dec 31, 2008
I was talking about this setup before in a previous thread and just wanted to post some update photos.. I was out of it for awhile and didnt post any updates.. Its just in the curing phase week 2 1/2

I'm going to add another 20+ lbs of sugar sized livesand thats on sale right now and mix it into this gravelish sub.. I'm not that fond of it.. probably just bag it for rubbel or something after and use just 100% sugar grade.. Opinion anyone? It looks like CC to me..

Sump is a shelf type.. I have plans to make it better.. I set it up like my aunt had it done but it dosnt take advantage of all the bio balls... Especially only using 1 of the intakes at the top.. Stand had to be rebuilt (really rusty and wood rotted Salvaged the frame) and I am make new sides for it.. sort of ugly right now withought sides.. anyways the skimmer from what I saw is a super coralife skimmer the 125g specced one.. the pump is a Gen-x Pcx-40 1140gph.. Fixture im not sure the specs.. it looks custom and all i can tell is that it has 1 halide and 2 long t5's it looks about 225++ watts all together.. the transformer is huge.. I'll get better specs on that when my aunt gets back in a couple weeks.. anyways here is some pictures..

Robert04

Dec 31, 2008
Yea I was going to lay rubbel in the bottom of the sump and shelf some rubbel.. instead.. thought it might be a little better than using all these bioballs..

Robert04

Dec 31, 2008
To be honest no.. Its reef 100% but I havent picked stock.. im keeping my 2 perculears in the 15.. and keeping it as a small reef.. but the 90 so far is just a live rock tub till i figure out what fish i wanna keep..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store