Is it normal for these upside down catfish to be on hyperdrive?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

silver2wind

AC Members
May 3, 2009
Hi all,

Two days ago I introduced 4 young upside down catfish to my 10 gallon quarantine tank before moving them into the main one. It is cycled and readings are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrate, 5 nitrate, 7.2 pH and 78 degrees F. They are fed once a day. The tank is empty except for a fake piece of wood with roots and a cave for them to hide in. I have enough water current too I believe.

So the thing is they won't stop moving, since I put them in they have been doing laps at top speed around and around and around against the glass whether the light is on or off. Is this normal? Are they stressing out? If so what's there to do?

I ask because I read these guys are pretty shy during the day.

Thanks,
David

Hebily

My Tank \/
Mar 15, 2009
Racine, Wi
Camera Used
Cannon or iPhone
I've had a few, some are really quite shy, and others are very outgoing. I've had some that I thought must be dead, because I never saw them, and others that never hide at all. When they aren't hiding, they are playing. They will race around the tank all the time. In general, the more you have at once, the more active they are.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store