"Spacing" between plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spcjrc

AC Members
Jul 31, 2009
Hi. I have a 20 gal tank not sure if it's long or tall (it is 24" long x 16" tall X 12" deep with bogwood and a large stone, so space is an issue). It has a bigger footprint than a 10 so I don't think its tall. Anyway, when you guys put your plants in, how much space do you give between your specimens? Can you clump them together fairly closely? I have 2 Rotala Indicas and about 6 Aponogeton.

FSM

Pastafarian
Mar 30, 2008
Georgia
A 20 long is 30"x12" (not sure of the height). You have a 20 tall.

Give the stems an inch or two of space, otherwise they won't get enough light. Stuff will fill in as it grows.

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
Stem plants will grow better if you give them space so they can get plenty of light. They'll grow faster and fuller, so that it's easier and quicker for you to split them.

Once they start to over take your tank, you can plant 2-3 together. It'll fill in the gaps and reduce their growth.

Temptress

Total Newbie
Mar 12, 2009
Minnesota
Hi. I have a 20 gal tank not sure if it's long or tall (it is 24" long x 16" tall X 12" deep with bogwood and a large stone, so space is an issue). It has a bigger footprint than a 10 so I don't think its tall.
The 20g with the same footprint as a 10g is a 20 extra high (I have one) It makes a pretty cool tank, just hard to light the bottom =)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store