liquid test kits

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquacutlure

THE FURRY BEAST
Jun 13, 2009
REDDING, CA
what liquid test kit is relatively good, last a reasonable amount of time, testing results within thirty minutes, bold and/or large lettering and bright colors and is on the lower side of price range

thanks everyone and sorry if already asked.

thrak76

AC Members
May 31, 2009
I'd say that the API master kits fit the bill, except for large and/or bold lettering. Its around $25 for the FW master kit.

MTiffany

Swamp Thing
Jul 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
API all the way. Ammonia and nitrite both easy and give results in 5 minutes. Nitrate is a bit of a production number, but still good and results in less than 10 minutes. pH is easy and instant. Colors for pH, nitrite, and nitrate levels are easily discernible. Color for ammonia levels of 2ppm and 4ppm are kind of ambiguous, but overall API makes good stuff.

Last edited:

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Rather than buy a kit, I get the individual tests as you can get more tests out of each. It works out to about the same price as the master kit, maybe a few dollars more, but for the number of tests makes it worth it. I test for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate only. Ph, GH, KH testing is not done due to my belief that proper acclimation precludes the need for testing and there is not much I can do about it without resorting to a game of chemical balancing. My fish are healthy and spawn readily. I imagine that if I had SW it would be a different story.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store