Female Bettas Tank Mates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aahhsin

AC Members
Apr 9, 2009
What can go well with them?

something happened to my tank and all i have left are 4 female bettas in a 55. Can I put angels?

A. Crispus

AC Members
Jun 20, 2009
Corys and betas get along famously. If you have a soft sandy bottom, or an other wise unjagged substrate. [if it is sharp it can cut their wiskers & they'll die because they won't be able to find their food.]

Harlequin rasboras are great too. Amano Shrimp, Cherry Barbs (two females/male), Neons or Cardinals, rummy nose rasboras, Plecoes_ All happy cohabitators.

I'm not certain about angels_ I've definitely done it before without stopping to think about it and didn't have any problems, but I may have just been lucky. It was a long time ago.

Last edited:

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i had an uber grumpy old female betta in with two angels and had no issue at all. i also had a female swordtail and a longfin rosy barb in there too, with no problems from any of them. one thing that should always be considered though is the individual tempermant and personality of each fish, along with the breed profile.

i agree, cories do wonderfully with bettas, female or male (unless the particular male betta has a vendetta against tankmates, lol).

jlink17

AC Members
Mar 15, 2009
I have platy, neons and cory in with my female bettas in my 55 and they get along great.

nippyfins

Registered Member
Aug 19, 2009
female battas are great little community fish. I have 2 girl bettas, 3 mollies, and a frog in a small 10gal planted tank all live great together.

Amante_di_Betta

Anubias Harlet
May 21, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Real Name
Gary
Go for the true harem\sorority! Go with more femal bettas :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store