How does this order sound to you?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquaman67

AC Members
Sep 29, 2000
Erin, TN
That sounds fine, but...

You may want to add some base rock before you add the sand. Base rock just gives your live rock some support so it doesn't sink in the sand. You could also use PVC pipe as supports or something else, just a thought.

Also, have you thought about cycling your tank with live rock? You can just add the rock and your tank will cycle. You will have a mini cycle when you add the rock anyway, so why not just cycle once and get it over with?

Again, just a different way to get to the same place, good luck !

heedicus

aqua-nerd in training
Dec 23, 2001
Boise, ID
www.skijor.bravepages.com
hello,
as long as your lr you are getting is uncured then i would also sugguest cycling the tank with the lr.
with corals you want to make sure you get the tank stable before adding a lot of them in. I am not sure what type of coral you are lookin to put in there but make sure the tank is stable otherwise you will have some troubled corals on your hand.
other than that your list looks great
t

Water World

AC Members
Jul 30, 2001
Galrand, TX
Looks like a plan lp.!!
Here's a idea. Pour about two to three inches of sand in. Then place a "lighting defuser". This is a plastic grid of about 1/2" squares that are placed in office florescent lighting. It kinda looks like the divider in the old ice cube trays. If you places this on top several inches of sand it would make a solid base for base rock, and fish couldn't dig up the sand. Plus it will still allow worms to crawl through. Then place the rest of your sand on top along with any LR. I've been toying with doing this to my tank after seeing it several week ago.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store