anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
is there any anemone that can live on flakes or granules...i have a pair of clowns waiting for their host...i know clowns don't really need anemone to thrive...but i just wanted to observe the relationship that clowns and anemones share...my tank is 60g...25" H...4ft L...current lighting: 268 W compact F.

some pics of my tank attached...

Please advice.

IMG_2637.JPG IMG_2642.JPG IMG_2645.JPG IMG_2648.JPG IMG_2693.JPG IMG_2718.JPG

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Question I would have is "why can't you feed the anemone what it likes?", ie, thawed cubes of food or fresh seafood pieces from the local supermarket. Your lighting would also be something I would be concerned about with all anemones EXCEPT the Condy and a BTA would probably survive under that light as well, although would be happier with more light.

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
bcoz i am a veggie...hmmm...y have an anemone when i can't get him the right food. right?? i will think about a tentacled coral like frogspawn or hammerhead...if i get lucky my clowns may tie up with them...

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
the problem is i had bad luck with a frogspawn...i don't have a sump on my tank so i am not sure if i can maintain a healthy environment for corals...currently i have a toadstool, polyps and mushroom that are doing ok...they open up pretty good...any suggestions how i can improve the quality of my tank so i can really make it a reef tank without having sump??? my tank is not drilled. i am not confident about all the plumbing that needs to be done to install a sump.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Huh? I am confused, so because your a vegetarian that means you can't feed animals the food they actually require to live? Seems odd..

I have 2 clowns, hawkfish, pseudochromis, and Starry blenny in my 29G with a Green Bubble Tip Anemone and no sump and no skimmer and they do great. I do have 6 T5HO lights on it though.

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
i don't pet any animals whom i can't feed what they like...

amazing...that's a lot of light...
no skimmer! how frequently do you change water?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store