Can a Carpet Anemone eat a BIG SNAIL?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CompulsiveAqua

CompulsiveAqua
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveland
The answer is: Yes!!!!!!. This morning I came downstairs and turned on the MH and to my excitement the CA looked kinda cool(pic1)carpet eats snail 001.JPG..after a while it opened and....(pic 2)View attachment carpet eats snail 006.JPGwell lets just let the pic's explain....carpet eats snail 009.JPGcarpet eats snail 016.JPGcarpet eats snail 019.JPGView attachment carpet eats snail 029.JPGView attachment carpet eats snail 030.JPGView attachment carpet eats snail 031.JPGView attachment carpet eats snail 032.JPG All of this transpired in about 2 hours...and I have no idea how long he was in the stomach of the CA. It as trying to get him out of there, but I helped a little (making sure I didn't tear anything). The CA is about 8-9" inches in diameter and the freaking Mexican Turbo Snail is about a 1 1/2 to 2". Have had them both for close to six months and have never seen anything like it...Just thought I would share. Hope you enjoy.

( I set the snail do...very far away.. and in 20 minutes he walked away)

carpet eats snail 001.JPG View attachment carpet eats snail 006.JPG carpet eats snail 009.JPG carpet eats snail 016.JPG carpet eats snail 019.JPG View attachment carpet eats snail 029.JPG View attachment carpet eats snail 030.JPG View attachment carpet eats snail 031.JPG View attachment carpet eats snail 032.JPG

mike_nikki

Aquaholic
Apr 4, 2007
St. Cloud
Lol i wonder what the Snail was thinking :D

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I watched a Stichodactyla gigantea Carpet eat a 12" long Naso lituratus once, so the answer is yes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store