Results 1 to 1 of 1
08-21-2009, 5:16 PM #1
AquariaCentral Marketplace Rules - 08/21/2009
Complete Marketplace Rules
When offering a large selection of similar items, (plants, extra equipment, etc), try to keep items to one thread for them. When offering singular items, keep the thread title as specific as possible to help our members. Repetitive threads offering the same previously offered items are not allowed until the old thread is closed. Multiple threads will be closed or merged at the mods discretion.
A location MUST be posted, along with whether or not shipping is available, or the item is for local sale only. If there is no price it will be closed.
To aid in clarifying the nature of threads, a prefix MUST precede the subject of the thread.
Prefix explanation : WTB (want to buy), FS (for sale), FT (for trade), FREE
Format : Prefix - Item/Fish - Location(City and State/Province) - Method of Transport (shipping or pick up)
Example : FS - Arowana - York, PA - Pick-up only
Example : FT - Polypterus endlicheri - York, PA - shipping or pick-up
- Once all listed items are sold, the thread author MUST post that all has been sold, so that the thread can be subsequently closed.
Bumps / Take To Top :
Allowed to be done by the OP 24 hours after last post or bump.
Marketplace Feedback :
Use the marketplace feedback system to view the feedback history of any user. Simply click the “Marketplace Feedback” hyperlink under their avatar. Please remember that malicious use of feedback feature will result in disciplinary action.
If there is a problem with a thread please report it. Please don't take it upon yourself to fix the problem. Please keep all discussion relevant to the item being sold (no trolling, spamming and derailing). All other posts not relevant to the item being sold will be deleted.
If disagreement arises on how threads are managed, please work with the forum Moderator. If not resolved at that level, contact a Global Moderator who will review the issue and make a final call.
Members must be responsible in finding out where certain species are restricted. Any thread in the buy and sell forums requesting or selling a restricted species will be deleted with no prior contact. AquariaCentral.com abides by all current local laws and therefore reserves the right to take such action. Failure to abide by these rules or repeat offense may be subject to penalization through temporary suspension.
It is both the buyers and sellers obligation to ensure that species are not on the restricted species list. All local laws and restrictions are applicable and it’s the responsibility of the users of AquariaCentral.com to uphold these laws.
Items not permitted to be listed on AquariaCentral.com Marketplace include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Any sales of fraudulent or counterfeit or stolen goods
- Any third party's copyrighted, patented, trademarked, or other proprietary righted property.
- Any item that may violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising).
- Any item that may be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing.
- Any item that may be obscene or contain child pornography.
- Any item that may contain any viruses, Trojan horses, or other computer programs that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Gun Solicitation
- Any information provided that may link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services that:
- Are prohibited under this Agreement.
- You do not have a right to link to or include.
Community Vendor :
A Community Vendor is classified as one who purchases livestock or other goods with the intent to redistribute them. Anyone fitting this description is required to become a vendor and must pay the applicable fees in order to utilize the classifieds section. Please feel free to contact neoprodigy for more information.
AquariaCentral.com and its staff cannot verify the legitimacy of all deals and are not responsible for anything posted in this forum. All transactions are done at your own risk. Failure to comply with the rules and/or requests from staff members could result in the loss of forum/board privileges. We reserve the right to restrict access to anyone without prior notification.
In no event will AquariaCentral.com or any of our affiliated sponsors be accounted for any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of, or in connection with this agreement.
Failure to comply with the rules and/or requests from our AquariaCentral.com Administration could result in your loss of forum privileges and/or access. AquariaCentral.com reserves the right to apply restrictions or revise these rules without prior notification.
Aquaria Central reserves the right to amend any of the Marketplace Rules of this Agreement at any time. Such amended terms and conditions shall be effective when posted at the Aquaria Central website.
Any questions or concerns please contact neoprodigy.
Last edited by neoprodigy; 08-21-2009 at 9:32 PM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)