Taking a short trip up to north NJ, recommend LFS/aquariums?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I will be going up to Absolutely Fish tomorrow to trade some fish and was wondering if anyone wanted to recommend some good LFS or aquariums on the way. I will be going up to exit 153 on the parkway. Please try to keep it close to the parkway, I'd like it to be on the way not a big detour. If it is a MUST see place then that's a different story though! :D

I plan to try to hit Shark Aquarium at exit 143, anything else?

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Leaving in a few hours, no suggestions?

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Thanks. I was figuring absolutely fish was going to be the best place to visit & that is where I am going anyways. :) I might not make it this trip but any opinions of Kazimir's Pet shop (Hackensack) or The Pet Shanty (Scotch Plains)?

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
lol I only know about them because I am NJAS member and they advertise them in our monthly publication and I get discounts!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Absolutely Fish was pretty nice! A lot of SW, which I love to look at, but hardy any African Cichlids, which I need! They had great displays though, even the FW tanks were decorated. Best part is that they gave me MORE than I was trying to sell my fish for!! It was a great day! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store