Java moss not growing?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DarkDH

Famished in the form of Money
Dec 29, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
hs.facebook.com
I have a small clump of Java moss on a piece of driftwood. The only problem is that after 6 months, I do not see any noticeable change in the amount of Java moss. In fact, every time I do tank maintenance, it seems like I am losing more moss (not counting the little pieces that fly off in a while). My moss is bright and green (with the bright green tips) yet I do not see any growth. I was wondering if it maybe has to do with my tank.

I've heard all the stories about how Java moss can be a prolific grower if unattended, but I have yet to see this.

Tank is 20 gallon long with 2.4 wpg. Dose Flourish Excel, flourish, and trace. Tank has MTS, Crypt Wendii, and Straight Vals.

The Java moss lives, and is healthy. It just doesn't GROW!

chonhzilla

AC Members
Dec 27, 2008
Spread it out thin over a surface and tie it down...thats what I did. I got crazy growth without CO2 or other nutrients.

-Chonh

timwag2001

AC Members
Apr 25, 2009
MA
i had some java in a 55g with 2.5wpg, pressurized co2, and ei dosing... no noticeable growth.
moved it to a 29g with less than 2wpg, excel and a very light dosing regiment and it started to grow a lot

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store