120gal Tanganyika setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Ok so the game plan is this.. Tomorrow i will be obtaining a wild caught breeding pair of Lepidiolamprologus lamairi for the 120gal..

I have sold my Lelupi, some Cylindricus, Mustax and Acei..

The 120gal will now become a predator tank and i am also obtaining a small group of 4 Ophthalmotilapia ventralis (Congo orange fin) adults.. So should make for an interesting setup..

Here are some Photo's of the fish to become.. Clearly these are not my photo's so i do not take credit for them just to show you what i am getting..

1. Lepidiolamprologus lamairi
Lepidiolamprologus lamairi.jpg

2. Ophthalmotilapia ventralis (Congo orange fin)
Ophthalmotilapia ventralis (Congo orange fin).jpg

Lepidiolamprologus lamairi.jpg Ophthalmotilapia ventralis (Congo orange fin).jpg

Schneider

AC Members
Jul 26, 2009
Predator tanks are fantastic! I'm sure it will turn out great. All the other pics of your tanks look good. Good luck.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
are you serious!?!?! your getting featherfins........thats it, im breaking in and stealing your fish.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Woohoo! Raid on Pitt's house! :D

Tank sounds cool!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
This guy is insane! What can I suggest you? I don't know!!!... anyways you will do whatever you want to do. But after all, I wish you very good luck with them, amigo!

andyjs

AC Members
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
Sounds like this will be an awesome tank! Can't wait to see pictures

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
:rofl:Austin wrote:
are you serious!?!?! your getting featherfins........thats it, im breaking in and stealing your fish.
:rofl: dude that's great i almost snorted Mt. Dew when i read that hehehe..

myswtsins
Woohoo! Raid on Pitt's house! :D
I think i would raid my own house as well hehehe..

Thanks gang oh yeah the photos will be soon.. so i got the monsters today but they are in hiding and they are pissed off the attitude from this pair they were even trying to bite the bag.. Greg the guy i bought them from ( Little Africa Aquatics) from Aquabid even got bit by these guys when he was trying to sex them for me hehehe they have a taste of blood now hehhee..

So the other guy didn't bring me my Featherfins today he said he was in a hurry so i should get them Wednesday or Thursday this week and i will photo them..

Really when the Lamairi come out of hiding i will def get photos.. can't wait..

Muske

AC Members
Aug 7, 2009
Mundelein IL
Do you know the ratio of the Featherfins?

I was growing out two pairs in a 58 gal. It only had a 3' footprint and things went wrong fast. The males would flash all the time and starting digging some pits, but then one day they flipped. Came home to find 1 torn up male, 2 dead feamles and a shreadded male. I think they need at least a 4' footprint, probably 6' for a larger school and a 1 to 3 ratio. That being said, very cool fish and amazing colors when they get to breeding size. Mine were 3"+ and starting to color up nicely. GL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store