It's been awhile...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Well it has been a long time since I've been on AC. Well Id like some input and ideas for a 55gallon cichlid tank. I honestly don't care if it American Cichlids africa anything. I'm just looking for some ideas. I don't have any thoughts so any input at all is welcome.

Thanks

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
welcome back :)

You know I will reccommend Africans. 55 is just a great size tank for malawis or tangs. For malawis I could see a large group of yellow labs, a colony of demasoni and some synodontis catfish or even a couple of crayfish with black or natural sand, black background and pale rockwork....would be stunning - you'll have to narrow it down yourself though.

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
plan on ordering them or getting them local?

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Coler That was what I was thinking I'd like to make it the show tank of the living room. So active And brightly colored Africans sound great I'll probably go with tangs

jpappy you have any good species in mind? Lol I know there's gota be atleast a dozen in there

johnlarson I plan on doing both I love some of the livestock at my LFS and if they don't have a species I'm looking for I'll just order from rapps or someone on here

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
Dave's rare fish has some really good tangs and he gets all sorts of cool stuff. He is a great guy also.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Also thinking about maybe trying discus? And some guppy or swordtail. Not sure if they'd all get along what do you guys think?

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Yeah I was really thinking about shell dewealers I can have alot to considering the amout of shells I could put in

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store