help urgent !!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
help goldfish has a bump under his skin that is yellow and does not grow,it is not a tumor and he has trouble staying upright. i believe he is going to die,he lives in an outside water garden,no time for pics please help.i love this little fantail who leads around his blind black moor friend and i dont want him2 die:cry:.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
I would set up a QT and bring him inside. He may have a swim bladder problem. I'd get a big sterilite container from WalMart (10 - 15 gallon or bigger) put a filter on it for O2, a small heater if your house is cold. Bring his Black Moor friend inside, too, to help him not suffer stress from loneliness.

If he is rolling over then you need to help him with this. He may be constipated. Some peeled, nuked, frozen english peas are great for this. If he is having trouble staying upright and is floating up so his belly is at the surface of the water, then a soft breeder net to lay in like a hammock can help until you can get this under control.

The bump, I'm not sure what this is. You really will have to try to take pictures, but that would be easier once you have him in a QT indoors.

The water in the QT must be kept pristine so this means daily huge water changes, since goldies are so messy. A good dechlorinator that also helps to keep the parameters safer is PRIME. It removes chlorine and chloramines, but it also detoxifies ammonia and nitrites, which will surely start to build up in the sterilite tank. (not the nitrites really in an uncycled QT, but the ammonia will start to climb)

Even using Prime you still must do daily big water changes with dechlorinated, temperature matched water.
I have used a sterilite tub as a hospital tank many times. It is easy to keep clean, but you do need to run a filter in it. If we decide he needs meds then the carbon can come out, but the filtration with a foam block or poly in it will help with keeping the particulates down. A bubbler would be good, as well.

Post as soon as you can to let us know how he's doing. We want to help in any way we can, but, really, we're sort of flying blind without more information and pictures.

Wishing good thoughts for you and your little friends.

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
its not a swim bladder disorder becuase the bump on his side wieghs him down

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
now he is swimming and acting fine again his bump still worries me and it doesent show up very well in pictures

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Please post the shots. Photos are extremely important. We may still be able to figure it out if it is not really that clear.:)

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
the only problem is that he looks perfectly okay in the photos and there is no sign of the bump anywhere,but in real life you can see it.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Could you please post those shots? How did you think it was tumor if there was a bump there that could potentially be one?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store