Odd Fin Question - Angel Fish Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
hey guys got a question
i got a new little angel fish he's looking great, but i just noticed that on his side fins ( i dont know what their called the ones they use to flutter in place with) he has like a pinkish coloration near the base of his body where the fins connect but on the fins it's a strip that wraps around the fins in a circle it's hard to explain, - i took him out of the water to examine it it's on both fins i gently touched it with a toothpick to see if it was like a worm or something but when i touched it it didnt come off or move from the fin so i'm guessing its the color of the fins near his body, not parasitic or anything i guess - none of my other angels have this though -it's like the color of the inside of the fish i'm thinking where the fins connect to the body - i mean they look normal n everything but this ring around both of his fins wghere the fin connects tot he body is bothering me i can't determine if it's the colr n for some reason its just there or if its something else - he is a golden angelfish so i guess it woulnt be unusual to see something that color near his fins but my other golden is nice n golden right down to where they connect to his body without weird coloration -
is this something to worry bout or is it prob just his colors or something
i will try to take a pic but my camera doesnt really zoom in well thanks for your help

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
mine has that as well... I think some strains are not put together as well... to inbread or it could be just taht the fish is light collored there so the muscles blood supply can be seen there

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
Yeah i was going to say, maybe it's a vein or something you are seeing through the fin. The fins don't have large veins, but maybe on that particular fish the veins extended a little farther than normal.

I just took a look at my gold angel and i don't notice this coloration.... but he is a little pink where the fin connects to the body. Normal though.

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
yeah

thanks guys that makes me feel a little better - its on both fins so maybe it is some kind of spot where blood supply goes through the fin and you can see veins or something - i mean he uses the fins fine n he seems well - he is in my q tank now - he was pretty so i snagged him up - i usually try to avoid petsmart angels cause theyre never healthy but i feel i "rescued" him - he was in with a bunch of them that i know came in earlier because i was there a few days before and bought a little gold angel who was all by himself - so he came in on a new shipment - i was just worried about his fins situation - but seeing how its on the same spot on both fins it must have something to do with his muscles or something - i guess i will keep him in q for the 4 weeks or so n if all seems well then he must be healthy n i will then move him in with his new family!
i cant help itn though everytime i look into the tank my eyes gope straight to his fins - this is prob normal as im jujst being nervous ;)anyone else ever do that when they suspect a fishy probelm?
well merry xmas n happy holidays to you all
LMB

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store