torch coral and pulsing xenia

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jenniferroman

AC Members
Aug 15, 2009
IM SORRY THIS POST IS LONG JUST BARE WITH ME

i just received a purple torch coral and a pumping xenia yesterday. i acclimated them very well. so it has been one day that they have been n the tank and the purple torch tentacles are still not fully out. they are only a little out. the purple torch is at the bottom of my tank with pretty good water flow. is it normal for the purple torch to be not fully open still. and my pumping xenia the keep on shrinking sometimes. is this a normal thing for the xenias to do? they are also not pulsing either. i have the xenias in the middle of the tank. can i possibly have to much water flow on the xenia's that is causing them to not pulse? i have a whole bunch of other corals to and they all are doing perfect. except those two. they were also shipped via two day shipping not over night could they just be very stressed? do you recommed another place to put these corals in the tank? also the seller who sold me these corals sold me the torch coral with a empty head on it. so the torch coral has two heads but one is empty. can this affect the torch coral from reproducing? can this affect the torch coral in any way? is there a such thing as a short tip purple torch coral? maybe i was thinking the torch coral i received was a short tip torch coral

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
If you've only had it for one day, give it a bit more time. You may also want to consider putting it in lower flow to start with. The Xenia will appreciate moderate to somewhat high flow once it has settled down. Until it has attached, keep it in lower to moderate flow. Both appreciate good lighting. What sort of water motion and lighting do you have?

jenniferroman

AC Members
Aug 15, 2009
what should i do about the extra empty head that the torch coral has? is that going to affect the torch coral?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
You mean a bare corallite? Shouldn't affect it either way. If you don't like the way it looks, just clip it off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store