HELP!! Fish are dieing

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hwom

AC Members
Jun 16, 2009
Oregon, IL
So far i have lost 3 goldfish i was growing out for my pond and my bristle nose pleco. I QTed all the goldfish for a week and a half before putting them in and they all were fine. Now all my fish are dieing. They show no signs of disease and all my readings are great. I dont understand. This also happened after i took the carbon out of my filters(was only there because it came with them). What should i do??:help2:

Hwom

AC Members
Jun 16, 2009
Oregon, IL
my tank has been up for around 3 months. All my readings are as low as my test kit will go. i do 50% water changes every week. btw my test kit is a freshwater master kit.

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Maybe a mod could move this over to coldwater disease. You might get the attention of some of the goldfish gurus over there. I think that they will probably want to know the exact readings to try to help you out.

How big of a tank is this?

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
this is a 90 gallon tank, and my kit does not give an exact reading.

If you're using an API FW master kit, the colors should correspond to some numeric ranges (as opposed to safe/not safe.) It sounds almost as if some kind of contaminant got into the tank if all levels are okay.

Beaux

AC Members
Jun 13, 2009
did you cycle the tank or just set it up and start doing 50% water changes weekly? iftheren nothing n the tank and ya add alot at once it may have a spike or even recycle completely.
Beaux

Hwom

AC Members
Jun 16, 2009
Oregon, IL
iv had the tank up for months and i have not changed a thing. Everything i do now is the same as when i first set it up. I think ima add some salt and see if that will help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store