Hello from Canada !

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

godjilla

AC Members
Sep 18, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hello everyone. This site was reccommended to me so I figured I would join and check it out.

I am having a bit of a problem with overcrowding as I was just given 6 assorted goldfish a week ago. I had no choice but to put them in my 20 gallon tank with my other 3 fish.

I have a 32 gallon that is not being used because it is missing components such as a filter, lid, etc. It is a full foot longer than the 20gal so I believe it will be a bit of an upgrade for the larger fish. I was planning on moving my three fish into it, but now I have the other ones complicating everything. haha

I refuse to buy a brand new tank unless I absolutely have to, it's not a money issue, more of a space / parent's house issue. I do not have a pond nor can I build one, and a kiddie pool just isn't feasible. Unless I can keep it in the garage during the winter.

I believe that some of the fish given to me are a bit stunted already, and I want to encourage growth, not prevent it. :)

If anyone has any advice or help to offer, please contact me!

montanafish gal

AC Members
Aug 1, 2009
Montana
Hi and welcome to AC!! I can't help much with the goldfish, but there are lots of people here who can! I hope you enjoy getting to know everyone; it's a great group of people!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC! I would start a thread in our Coldwater Forums for more advice...though it will most likely be to find another home for them or get a much bigger tank.

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
Welcome! Lupin and Kris will probably be lurking around here soon to help you out! They are the gods of goldfish IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store