FS Thiara Winteri (SPIKY MTS) - San Jose, CA - Shipping or Pick-up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ch3fb0yrdee

Registered Member
Sep 23, 2008
Thiara Winteri
These snails have thorns on their shells!

Care: Similar to Melanoides sp. aka Malaysian Trumpet Snails.

Ph above 7 is preferred to keep their shells pristine.

Feeding off of leftover foods, algae wafers and whatever they can get. They do not harm healthy plants.
They behave similarly to Malaysian trumpet snails. Peaceful and aerates the substrate for you!

The thing about these guys is that they have thorns on their shells! Their shell difference shows them to be a little stockier than the traditional Malaysian Trumpet snails. On top of that, they have thorns on every whorl on the shell. Each snail varies and may lack thorns here and there. They breed similarly to Malaysian Trumpets, where they hold their eggs in and release the babies once they hatch. So in a sense, they are "live-bearing snails", much like Malaysian Trumpets.
Some snails carry a hint of yellow on them. It varies on each individual.

Online sources say that captive offspring do NOT carry thorns anymore. However, I see little babies that are carrying small thorns. They are not as pronounced as wild ones, I suppose. I'm not sure what triggers this to be honest.

In any case, these are rare snails in the US.

I have limited amounts available, first PM first serve.
Note that they breed the same was as Malaysian Trumpets, so you don't need much to start off a colony.

Minimum order of 5 pcs.

Thiara Winteri - $3 each

Shipping is $6.

No heatpacks are available nor provided, as the weather has been quite warm.

The images below are taken by me.

The Last picture shows the spikiness of the younger snails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store