babys babys n more babys!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Beaux

AC Members
Jun 13, 2009
im going to go out on a limb n say i BET my 20g reef tank(eventualy..im slow bout setup..lol) is cycled! i had a pair o mollies in there for awhile now n wasnt sure the mom would wver give birth n salt water. well she has and with a vengance! lol. saw one baby then went n got n the tub....got outa the tub all clean and....BLAM! baby explotion! she has eat a few n he has eat a few but those apeared to be still n their lil sacks nd my hermits woulda git them anyway i think but theres about 20 or 30 of them playin at the top hiding behind the powerhead (yea i cut it off for em..lol) im just super surprised she had this many! aand it makes me thinj its prolly cycled too cause u know fish if the water isnt right most if em wont breed or birth. (been my experince anyways..lol. anyone wanna molly sammich? rofl.
Beaux

Beaux

AC Members
Jun 13, 2009
ok heres a shot of a few of them..lol last count puts about 30 live ones..lol

nynikki

"Would you like to play a game?"
Aug 7, 2007
Phoenix
Though, I'm perplexed by a fresh water fish surviving in salt water, let alone at this stage of their lives, I wouldn't trust a live barer's birth to be an indication of water quality. It's been my experience that they will breed and breed and the water quality makes little difference. Make sure you test the water with proper test kits to be sure. :)

Beaux

AC Members
Jun 13, 2009
oh a definate will do on that one, it just amazed me she held theem this long. she had about 50 my nephew said ..lolbut i suspect more like 20 sumthin. most of them had been eaten by the parents by this afternoon though. i counted 6 left when i cut the light out. didnt test today but am going to tomorrow. looks like ill be buying me a breeder tninbie so they cant eat the banies next time too..lol.
Beaux

VisionQuest78

AC Members
Jun 7, 2009
Ithaca, NY
dont ya luv my spelling lol i SO hate my phone
LOL, im glad you said that, cuz i was thinking the whole time while reading this that you were typing like you were texting. To be honest it makes it REALLY hard to read! But atleast it makes a lil more sense now. haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store