1 shrimp question , 1 snail question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
My amano shrimp seem t like the out flow piece of my magnum HOT I use for polishing water so it's only on primarily after water changes for about an hour. I had 5 shimp in it tonight. Do I need to get a shrimp hut for them?

I have tiny snails, about the size of pencil lead, that's all the bigger they get. Any idea what kind they are?
TIA

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
You should get moss for the shrimp.

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
There's always at least one shrimp hanging out in the out flo tube, They can't geet all the way up in the tube becase the baffles are set wide. I don't think they are in any danger, that tube had the best algae on it when I first got the shrimp, they ate it clean off.

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
Ok the snails are too small to photogragh,I think they look like micro versions of pond snails- the snails that normally hitchike on plants. like I said they only grow to the size of pencil lead. As for the shrimp and the outflo tube there are two hanging out now, I ran the filter about an hour ago and they're just acting normal.

brittanyd0203

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
Vienna, WV
As far as a hiding place for your shrimp, I would suggest getting them a clump of java moss. Mine absolutely love hiding in it. I can't help you as far as the snails go.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store