Briggs Apple Snail Egg Clutch!! YAY

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

E-J

AC Members
Jul 25, 2009
Canada
YAY!!! I've been waiting for them to make one!

Should I leave them to hatch in the tank that they are in??
Opinions?

Brigg Apple Snail Egg Clutch- Sept 23-09.jpg

Brigg Apple Snail Egg Clutch- Sept 23-09 (1).jpg

Brigg Apple Snail Egg Clutch- Sept 23-09.jpg Brigg Apple Snail Egg Clutch- Sept 23-09 (1).jpg

gomezladdams

AC Members
Oct 30, 2006
gilboa ny
Whats in the tank?baby briggs are a tasty little treat for most fish.I used a soapdish with suction cups to suspend my clutches just above the water in the hatching tank.The dishes are full of tiny holes for the babies to get into the water.Got it at the dollar store.

E-J

AC Members
Jul 25, 2009
Canada
2 gouramis, 1 angelfish, 3 panda cories, 1 albino cory, 1 swordtail, 2 balloon mollies, 4 guppies.

How long do they take to hatch?

Weather Loach

Eating all the Snails in your tank!
Sep 1, 2009
California
congratz :D

jacklmoore

AC Members
Sep 4, 2009
They will take around three weeks to hatch depending on the temperature, but you won't be caught off guard by it - the clutch will darken and soften and it will be apparent when the babies are about to start falling out.

I usually remove them and hatch them separately so I can keep track of the babies and so that I can keep the clutch very humid. The eggs will dry out in open top aquariums, but the one you pictured should be fine as it is right next to the filter return. If you decide to remove future clutches, be sure to give them 2 or 3 days to harden up after they are first laid.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store