fish are friends AND food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
:D

Welcome to the new forum section!

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
This is so cool!! Yay! :)

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
great idea for a new forum!!!!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Glad to see we have this section up and running now!

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
Very Nice!

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Why stop at fish. Dogs are friends and food too.

In Vietnam, people eat dog.
Dogmeat is locally reared, eaten only at the close of the lunar month and is a modern-day expression of an historic rural and ethnic tradition of hunting for and eating wild dogs.
In other words, however ethically hard to stomach, dog is a local, seasonal and authentic ingredient.
Where does our heroic, liberal attachment to traceability, honesty and native tradition end and the morality of what we eat kick in?
In Vietnamese cooking, there are seven ways to cook a dog.
In a culture of grass-fed milk and hardcore food provenance, could one of these recipes ever make an eco-hero's menu? Or is this a dog's breakfast of food ethics?
  1. Thit Cho Luoc - Steamed dog
  2. Cha Cho - Grilled dog
  3. Rua Man - Steamed dog in shrimp sauce, rice flour and lemon grass
  4. Doi Cho - Dog sausage with dog blood, peanuts, vegetables and neck bone
  5. Gieng Me Mam Tom - Steamed dog in shrimp sauce, ginger, spices and rice vinegar
  6. Canh Xao Mang Cho - Bamboo shoot and dog bone marrow
  7. Cho Xao Sa Ot - Fried dog in lemon grass and chilli

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
:headshake2:

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Careful boys and girls. If by eat you mean place in mouth, swallow, digest and excrete, then lets be honest - you can eat 99% of anything you can fit in your mouth. We all make personal decisions on what that should be. Personally I find my plate incomplete without at least one chunk of something furry, feathery or finny which has starred in an animated feature.

However this is a community that very successfully abstains from trying to impose subjective moral judgments on other people's choices. The topic of this thread is is this new forum and/or fish as food and the processes of catching 'em.

I am Coler and I approved this moderation.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store