Video of tiger shrimps and blue shrimps walking above water

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
very peculiar, i hope one of the shrimp gurus can make something of it, if i had to guess they're oxygen deprived or adventurous lol

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
your shrimp are the supernatural.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
I was thinking the same thing as cam. They don't appear to be eating, so algae hunting doesn't look like the reason... I'd say they're oxygen deprived and the female is trying to oxygenate her eggs. I'd add an airstone and see if the behavior continues.

Water quality could be an issue too.

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
my shrimp crawl out of the water too. they are cherry shrimp. they don't go that far out of the water that i've seen but i have a filter that i just use for water movement that is sort of a veggie filter i guess and they climb up onto that. it's just an internal hob that has a small peice of aquaclear sponge in it and a TON of bocopa growing out the top of it and it's full of riccia. they love climbing on it and the tank has ample oxygenation. but like i said, mine don't go that far out of the water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store