Which do you prefer? Bettas or Gouramis.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Which do you prefer? Bettas or Gouramis.

• Betta fish

Votes: 69 60.5%
  • Gouramis

Votes: 45 39.5%

• Total voters

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
Which do you prefer? Bettas or Gouramis. Why?

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I prefer betta's cuz well there just BETTA then gourami's lol. Actually I only like one type of gourami the rest dont appeal to me.

angyles

AC Members
Nov 4, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
I love both, but if I have to choose, I'm going with gouramis. I love when they reach out to touch you through the glass with their lovely long fins arms!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Gouramis. Dunno but the standard bettas just dont appeal to me. I'd much rather have pearls, sparklers, licorice, etc. I do enjoy female bettas though...and some wilds would be awesome to have!

Hard choice but I still prefer gouramis. ;)

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
Bettas, most seem to have a lot of style to their colors.

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
I love Bettas. They have way more color varieties and finnages if thats a word. But Gouramis are cool to except for that day a few years ago when my dwarf gourami comitted suicide. Dumb Fish. WTF would you wanna swim up the syphon. I had a battery operated Syphon. She got caught in the motor and it grinded her into Gourami chunks. I pulled her out piece by piece with plyers. Or maybe she got sucked in by the syphon. Oh well either way she croaked.

irmuddled