Algae Problem!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DoN_WoN

Got Betta's?
Oct 16, 2008
South Florida
www.youtube.com
I have this 2.5 gallon RCS tank with lots of java moss attached to driftwood....And the past couple weeks hair algae has started to grow on it...

Ive used the toothbrush method to try and take it out but it only works for a day before it grows back..

If i order new java moss and wait till it comes, then take the java moss little by little to make sure no shrimp get taken out with it, should it be fine?

my only problem is i have a lot of shrimp and i dont wanna lose them...

What should i do??

heres some pics of my problem

DSC06378.JPG DSC06375.JPG DSC06376.JPG DSC06377.JPG DSC06374.JPG

FasterShrimpo

AC Members
Jul 13, 2009
Try to get a moss ball, they help sometimes with algae, or get some floating plants. Continue the toothbrush method until you get some floating plants.

DoN_WoN

Got Betta's?
Oct 16, 2008
South Florida
www.youtube.com
Try to get a moss ball, they help sometimes with algae, or get some floating plants. Continue the toothbrush method until you get some floating plants.
i think its already too late for a moss ball or floating plants lol, if i get new java moss, can i just take the old one out and shake it to get any shrimp off, the snails i dont really care if i take some out there outta control. then when i get the new java moss put a moss ball in there??

DoN_WoN

Got Betta's?
Oct 16, 2008
South Florida
www.youtube.com
That would be fine. But it's probably gonna come back anyway. I think you gotta change something in your set-up.
i had this little canopy on the 2.5 and the light strip sat on the canopy about 3 inches off the tank, and i just decided to put it directly on the tank cause i liked the more light.. and when i changed the lighting i had the problem.

so do you think if i get new java moss and put the light back on the canopy it'll be fine?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store