Problem with my volitan

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

z28sseater

AC Members
Nov 16, 2008
Hey guys,

Having a problem with my volitan lionfish. Ive had him for about 3 years now. Im wondering if its come to the end of his life with me :(. I see no spots on him, no abrasions, his eyes look ok. About 2 weeks ago, i soaked some silversides in zoecon for him. I gave him about 5 good size silversides. Hes a big boy if you havent seen my videos of him. And usually ill wait about 2-3 days to feed him again. So 3 days go by. He has no anticipation of eating anything. A week goes by and he was doing weird things such as spinning in circles, staying to the top of the tank. Seems to be breathing normally and not gasping for air. About 1 week and 3 days have gone by and i got him to eat 2 pieces of silversides then had no desire. Its been 2 weeks since hes eaten normally. Any ideas????? i do have a clown trigger but he does not bother him what so ever... And i know its not a lack of nutrition, i feed him such a diverse food. Special VHP, squid, krill, shrimp??? i dont know. The only thing i can think of is a blockage in his gi tract????? Help please i dont want to lose him. If he gets to weak the clown will definitely torture him.

Blown 346

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Rockford Illinois
Try soaking the food in garlic before you feed him. That will intuce fish that dont want to eat to eat. If that works you know it isnt anything threatening.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
You are feeding whole prey items, correct? You should leave shells (though not the heads on prawns), etc. on to ensure that they get everything they need.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store