Cheapest Aquariums

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

casemarten

AC Members
Apr 4, 2009
Memphis, TN
Hi, pardon me if this is posted in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to put it.

I am looking for the CHEAPEST aquariums...whether online or in-store. The only exception is I do not shop at Wal-Mart so that is out. I don't want a used aquarium either.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Blown 346

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Rockford Illinois
Petco has cheap tanks when they are on sale. They have the dollar a gallon sale every so often. ANother one should be coming up soon for the holidays.

Petsmart also has good deals. The one by does anyways. I got a Oceanic 40 Gallon hex for $89 when it was originally $175.
They also have 55 gallon,20 gallon start up kits for cheap Under $200 for the 55 setup. It comes with everything you need mines gravel,and i believe a heater.

jmatthewhill

AC Members
Sep 16, 2009
Not sure why you would not want a used tank. I got my tank used and it was like new when I got it. Paid a whopping $325 for a 72 gallon bow with stand and canopy and light. Again, it couldnt have looked any better had I bought it new!

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Craigslist is amazing I just paid $150 for a 120gal with stand and another $125 for a 90gal Cube, drilled for a saltwater setup.

But if you want new and since you live in TN, check out glasscages.com, they make tanks custom or standard sizes at a good price too.

Edit: Just realized they are closer to Nashville than Memphis, looks like an 180mile drive each way.

BagelDog

AC Members
Apr 21, 2009
Montana
I agree with Leighlou. I purchased the 20 gallon tall deluxe aquarium kit for $69.99 at Petco. It's a really good deal.

If you happen to be new to fish keeping please ask us for advice when stocking your new tank. The expertise of the people in this forum will help you tremendously. In hindsight, I way overstocked my first two tanks. I could have avoided this if I knew about the AC back then. (When I moved, I had to condense my two tanks into a ten gallon. I had a pleco, three german rams, five clown loaches and three pearl scale goldfish in a half full 10 gallon that I never changed the water in. I know, I should be shot! Funny enough, I had a huge gob of hornwort in there and I think it ate up all the nitrate and saved the fish. Miraculously I didn't lose any fish even in those squalid conditions and I still have the pleco and clown loaches!)

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
All of my 6 tanks are from craigslist. I think the most I paid was 75 for my 20 long with the stand, filter, light and everything!! You really can't beat it. I paid 55 bucks for a complete 55 gallon set-up!!

Bonne46

AC Members
May 20, 2009
Like posted before petco has that dollar a gallon sale here and there which is good but I never seem to know when it is which sucks!

But like stated as well used tanks aren't bad I got a 75 gallon tank with filters for $50 bucks and the tank was flawless! Only thing with used tanks is you gotta clean them which tanks up max 30mins.

l3lhsl3

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
go to craigslist i just paid 75$ for a 55gal whisper 3 filter 250watt heater metal stand slate gravel top lights and a 15inch jag..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store