Stocking?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

xoparis

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
Can anyone help me with stocking my 30g? I already have a snail, a yellow damsel, and a Coral Beauty angelfish.

Can I add anything else?

Blown 346

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Rockford Illinois
As far as fish go, the tank will be pretty used up due to the angel you have. You have to make sure the fish you have will have enough swimming room, territory, and growing room. A good rule of thumb to go by when buying fish is to find out what size tank they need, how large they will grow. They wont stop growing due to the size of the tank. Usually for each inch of fish you want to give 3 to 5 gallons of water. Otherwsie the fish can be stressed from being cramped. That can lead to disease.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Is this a reef tank or a fish only (FOWLR) tank?

You have 1 pretty aggressive fish (damsel) and 1 somewhat agressive fish in the angel. Its isn't so much that you don't have room for more fish but that those fish were introduced first. They now have contol of the tank and the territories they want.

If you are set on keeping the damsel (the angel won't be too much of an issue), then you need to stick with more agressive fish. Initial thoughts would be a six-line wrasse and clowns. I think I would cap your fish stocking at 4 fish though and that damsel will only get meaner as it get older and more comfortable in your tank. Pretty fish but mean as heck!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Scratch my previous response. I had a chance to see you other threads and at this point I highly recommend that you get your tank setup properly BEFORE you consider adding any other livestock. SW is nothing like FW and nothing good happens fast in this hobby.

xoparis

AC Members
Sep 16, 2008
Angel is gone. Bought one angel. Have yet to see the damsel come out of his wood.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Did the angle die and you bought another? Wood is not good for SW. Your main souce of biological filtration comes from liverock and sand. A power filter just won't cut it unless you want to stay with the setup you have and the damsel alone (which from other posts, it sounds like you want to make things better). Damsels are really hardy fish but most other SW fish will just not survive in the setup you have. There is a lot of experience here and on other forums that can help you get your tank established if you want.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store