Dorm Tank for the Betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hirschy75

AC Members
Nov 14, 2006
Hey all. I need a tank for a betta in my dorm.

Anyone have any great suggestions tank wise from something online?

I only really wanted to add the betta a snail and some moss so the light doesn't need to be great. Anyone have any cool ideas?

Thinking possibly the biorb 4 gallon but that has pretty mixed reviews.

Let me know or post a link to some you would recommend.

BTW it NEEDS to be quite.

Thanks

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
I use a 3 gallon bowfront tank. I forget the name but it comes with a hang-on filter and is plastic. I will get the name in just a sec.

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
Not exactly the nicest design but it works well.

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
lol. It was from PetCetera on a clearence sale. Petcetera is now bankrupt so you wont find it for that. You wont exactly find it for 50 though because Petcetera is overpriced to begin with. You will probably find it for about $25

hirschy75

AC Members
Nov 14, 2006
well a ten would be nice but i need something small that i can put on my desk

whats the general census about the biorb?

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
I have an eclipse hex5 and bought the eclipse6 for my mom's betta. Both are very quiet and can support low-light plants. I bought the Aquatic Edge 6.6 gallon and have no complaints with it, and although I don't know how noisy it is, you might consider the Aquatic Edge 6 or 10 gallon that is on sale at fish.com.

Davy

AC Members
Jun 16, 2008
OKC, OK
biorb is lame

hit up walmart or petsmart. i know at petsmart we got some 5.5 gal kits fer like 20 bucks or something

hirschy75

AC Members
Nov 14, 2006
I have an eclipse hex5 and bought the eclipse6 for my mom's betta. Both are very quiet and can support low-light plants. I bought the Aquatic Edge 6.6 gallon and have no complaints with it, and although I don't know how noisy it is, you might consider the Aquatic Edge 6 or 10 gallon that is on sale at fish.com.
not bad. it says in one of the reviews though that its too strong for a betta.

Whatcha guys think?

I'm liking that 6 for 35 originally 70

and I'd rather order something online with paypal than paying if possible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store