Extreme Arial Bowfishing

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com

nugpuffer

AC Members
Apr 1, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Just for reference:

It looks like the fish they are shooting are silver carp, an extremely invasive species found in the midwest United States. They are not considered to be of any high food value, however I feel that the more of these that can be removed from the waterways, the better.

Quote from Wiki:
Many boaters traveling in uncovered high-speed watercraft have been injured by running into the fish while at speed.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
LOL, that is funny :) I cracked up when he did that because he didn't even really move the bow.

I am pretty sure that you are right and these are silver carp. It is a good fun way to help decimate the population.

Kristina

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Forget the bow, give me a shotgun with target loads. More satisfying when you hit one, and definitely more effective for population reduction.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Forget the bow, give me a shotgun with target loads. More satisfying when you hit one, and definitely more effective for population reduction.
lol, you think shot is gonna retain enough energy to kill a fish.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
At the short range those fish in the video are, no problem. They're definitely bigger targets than clay pigeons. Steel shot since you don't want lead in the river...

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
At the short range those fish in the video are, no problem. They're definitely bigger targets than clay pigeons. Steel shot since you don't want lead in the river...
Yeah, with some buckshot it should definitely injure the fish, but it might not kill the fish quickly, even though this is pest removal.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Sweet video! That looks like a lot of fun. I'm all for ridding the waterways of invasive carp species.

lol, you think shot is gonna retain enough energy to kill a fish.
If I can kill a Canada goose with heavy shot steel at 25-40 yards away, 5-10 yards away at a fish would be no problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store