Fishing Equipment Review

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Since we already have a thread about our favorite Rod and Reel, I think we need a review point for our gear. It can be rod, reels, depth-finders, flashers, boat, motors, etc. Anybody agree?

Since we have no forum for it, the least we can do is have a thread:

Penn 230GTO Reel. 3:1 gears, 375 yards of 30lb test mono. This is a pretty large level-wind reel and I would use this on heavy fish like steelheads, pike, musky, bluefish, stripers, etc. The difference between the 220 and 230 is a little bit in size as the 220 is made for 20lb test. The difference between the 330 and 230 is that the 330 has an all graphite frame making it lighter. Star drag, and line out clicker on all models. The clicker is quite loud and can be heard over a running motor.

I paired it to a 6'6" heavy rod. Fighting a large fish is a breeze and with the low gearing makes bringing them in a pleasure and easy to keep pressure on the fish. I am rebuilding an 8' fiberglass rod with a surfcasting handle that I will pair it up with. Casting with this reel is a breeze and can handle some very heavy weights. For a sub-one hundred dollar reel, it is well worth the money.

Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes!

If I had another rod to pair it to, I would buy a second one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store