New puffer!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I just had to share! I got a new figure 8 puffer about a month ago, and I added him to the main tank about a week ago. I haven't picked out a name yet, but I'm thinking of keeping the German theme since my first puffer is Grun which means green in German. My avatar is Grun, btw. The smaller puffer in the first pic and 2 following pics is the new one, and the big fat guy in the last 3 is Grun.

They are in a 44g brackish tank with a few mollies and 8 bbgs. Grun was one of the original 2 that I got about 1-1/2 years ago (sadly, one of them died of IPs shortly thereafter). Grun is about 2-2.5 inches while the new guy is about 1 inch.

RSCN1676.JPG RSCN1670.JPG RSCN1671.JPG RSCN1677.JPG

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Awesome puffer!

omplmpa3

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I'm not going to say your F8s are cuter than my F8s, because that would make me a bad parent, but yours are absolutely adorable!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Better not chance it then--they could all die!

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Yeah, best not to chance it. Puffers in general don't do well with tank mates, with some few exceptions. And there are always the other fish to consider too, like you said about yours probably eating the puffer.

I took a few more pics last night (all the ones above were from the night I added him). The first one is just Grun. You can see that, ugh, I need to trim his teeth again. My snail tank was wiped out, and I haven't gotten enough snails going again to feed him enough. The second one is just hte mollies (see the chunk missing!). My fav is the 3rd one, the way the are all piled into the same spot, lol. And then one of a bbg. They are so stinking hard to get a decent pic.

RSCN1718.JPG RSCN1719.JPG RSCN1721.JPG RSCN1725.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store