Alternative food for a Dragon Goby

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

glueaccident

Registered Member
Oct 9, 2009
Hi!

I have had a dragon goby in my tank for some months now and have been having issues with the water that have been caused by too many blood worms sitting on the gravel. Im guessing my fish population isn't large enough to finish off everything Bojangles doesn't eat.

Im hoping someone can tell me what the best thing to feed him other than blood worms is. If anything?

I have a pleco in the tank but he doesn't seem to care much for the left overs and they start piling up on the bottom. I know the best thing to do is to scoop them out or siphon them out with a gravel cleaner, but doing that everyday but result in too much stress for the fish, or just simply too many unnecessary water changes.

Any advice? I use the frozen cubes of bloodworms now, but when we first got him the bloodworms came in a pack where it was just all frozen together and i had to break a peice off every day to feed him. (gross, and cold LOL) Im not even sure if my local store still carries them that way since they seem to be swapping things out lately.

Any help, but no criticism, is always welcome. Thanks a lot!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I think you might get more/better responses if you posted this in the FW forums? That's not criticism BTW :)

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
HI! I HAVE A DRAGON TOO. lol actually 2. I have many suggestions for you.
You can make some snail jello, as they love that, you can use emerald entree, a sw fish food that comes in cubes, or you can feed beefheart.
Personally in my snail jello, I use green peas, cocktail shrimp, a few cubes of bloodworms, a few cubes of brine shrimp, sardines in fresh water, put all but the sardines in some water for a few seconds to unfreeze, then blend them. You can also add some garlic juice, as it makes it more appealing to them. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions!

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
as well, you might want to get some shrimp to clean off the bottom, my pleco never liked blood worms.... the only other way I can think of is siphoning from the bottom... do you have a sand bottom?

Twistersmom

AC Members
Jan 17, 2009
Mine also gets snail jello.
Another good idea, is use an eye dropper to squirt a few bloodworms or shrimp down to the area the dragon goby hangs out, that way they are not spread all over the tank.
Dragon gobies do need veggie type foods in there diet, so the jello or some algae wafers would be good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store