Usergroup
    AC Members

HELP!! One lone growing White Spot on Clownfish, Fungal? Ich? . . ?

I just added two new marroon clownfish and about a day later the larger of the pair developed a white spot on the right side of it's mouth it doesn't look like the descriptions I've heard of Ich but I bought a bottle of Kick_Ich in case. This morning it seems to be slightly larger than when I saw it yesterday but the clownfish still seems to be in no distress. I tried taking pictures but none are good enough to add any more than my description (small raised white spot on right side of mouth) looks like a pimple really.

Please help me diagnose this fast and any tips on how to treat. If there is a way to treat in the main tank that would be the best. I have a reef tank with small amount of coral, a few anemones and a clean up crew with hermits, snails, shrimp, starfish etc . . .. The other fish are Yellow Tang, 2 Banggai Cardinalfish, firefish goby and smaller marroon clown. As of now everything still appears normal and happy.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Sheila
    Last Activity
    03-26-2014 9:22 PM
    I would monitor for another day. Ich dots don't change in size, so this sounds like something else. The tang wouldb e most susceptible, so watch it closely as well. It seems to me that clowns are prone to lymphocytis--basically small fleshy growths. Most are harmless.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    I just went out for a few hours and when I got back the white spot was completely gone. Should I be worried that I've moved on to the next stage in the life cycle or do you think it might have just been a fleshy growth and it resolved itself.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Sheila
    Last Activity
    03-26-2014 9:22 PM
    Can you see any mark where it was? Ie, if it was an ich cyst, there should be a small lesion at the point of attachment.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    there's definitely something left over where the spot used to be, don't really know how to describe it and it doesn't come out in photos

Thread Information