under gravel jet

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
hi all,

i just came across under gravel jet system in some threads and websites...its really a very cool idea...actually i could install it in both of my tanks (FW and SW). I wanted some more ideas and reviews on this before i head that way...
also can anyone post some pics that could guide me with the installation if i decide to go that way....

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
bought Rio1700 from the LFS and installed everything...with 5 outlets...seems like flow is not sufficient enough...i do see particles thrown away near the outlets but i think i need to add some more outlets to keep particles afloat and if i add more outlets flow is gonna go down at other outlets...
how much flow do you think is needed to serve the purpose of keeping the gravel clean...

Thanks!

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
i think replacing the elbow with 45degree angle connection at the pump wud help increase flow..what do u think? or should i consider getting another pump???
i always have trouble getting waste from pleco to float...

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
i wanna see if it possible to take out my koralia power head#3 from the tank so i can use it in my SW tank if the flow from the UGJ is good enough to keep water circulating and at the same time lifting off the waste from gravel...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store