FS Marmorkrebs Crayfish-North Carolina-Shipping only

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Marmorkrebs reproduction is unusual because they are parthenogenetic reproducers and each crayfish is born a female that reproduces asexually. As the crays age, the amount of eggs produced increases. Some good uses for the crayfish babies are for culturing live foods for your fish as you know the source of the baby crays and how they were raised thus virtually ensuring that the food is parasite-free. Marmorkrebs can be kept in a wide variety of water conditions and in heated or unheated water. They are plant eaters and grow to between 4-6 inches. The crayfish has no formal scientific name, and its origins are unknown although some literature suggests that they are most closely related to the Procambarus species of crayfish. They generally do not eat their own young and can co-habit the same tank with little aggression toward each other. They are a very tolerant crayfish and lots of fun to watch.

I have a number of crayfish right now ranging in size between one-half inch and three inches. Each crayfish is $6.00 and will be shipped using USPS Priority shipping of $10.00 for up to four crayfish of the smaller size or for two crayfish of the larger size. Priority shipping usually takes between 2-3 days. If you want, Express shipping is available and cost is generally around $25 but this is just an estimate and greater detail can be provided based upon your zip code. Shipping charges increase with the amount of crays requested. I prefer to ship Monday –Wednesday but am flexible with this schedule. I will take PayPal and USPS Postal Money orders only.

NOTE: The one thing that I do need to stress with anyone purchasing these crays is that they are THE most invasive cray to an ecosystem. The way they reproduce and how they eat are very destructive to native ecosystems. You MUST be prepared to destroy any unwanted crays that are perfectly healthy and have no problems other than being a Marmorkrebs. The proper--and only--safe way to humanely destroy them is to place them into the freezer for at least three days. You cannot flush them down the toilet or let them go into your ponds as they will survive and thrive in the environment and contaminate the local environment.

I am unable to sell these crays to people living in AZ, CA, MN or WA as these states have prohibitions about crayfish being imported.

Fish and Shrimp Oct 09 038.jpg Fish and Shrimp Oct 09 060.jpg Fish and Shrimp Oct 09 039.jpg

Last edited:

tigerbarb88

AC Members
Mar 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
we have crays in our AZ lakes.. i like catching them just for fun, then releasing them. :)

my grandpa cooks and eats them.. yuck! Lol

GL with the sale man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store