Ragged Tail and white spots?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

F.sparverius

AC Members
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
My 4 rosey barbs were doing very well up until 4 days ago, I noticed a white splotch along one of the females dorsal fins and a few white spots that look an awful lot like ich on both of the males fins and on ones of the females fins. The larger male also had a small white spot on his head that looked similar to the females splotch. I though it might be fungus and ICH and treated the entire tank for 4 days with an antifungal/bacteria and malachite green /formalin mix. Today the smaller females fin splotch is gone but all of the other things remain on the fish. The ich looking spots have not multiplied or moved to other fish in the tank and the wierd splotch is still on the males head * I suppose it could be a missing scale,this particular fish has a habit of getting stuck in things and scraping off scales*. The roseys fins also look a bit ragged, not decayed though.I just drained some of the water out of the tank and put the carbon filter back in. I've had some bad experiences with malacite green and corys and don't want to keep large amounts of it in the tank for long.

Could the white spots be something other than ich? Could the fishes immune system fight it off. They seem very active.

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
sounds

very much like ick -
i woul do a 20% water change and begin ick treatment - remember to continue medication even after the last crystal has fallen from the fish as at this point the cyst will be on the aquarium floor and will rehatch ick tomites which will then seek out a host - they are most vulnerable at this point in their life - if they don't find a host within 48 hrs they will die and your ick problem will go away - raise temp to about 83 as this shortens the over all cycle of icks life

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store