Dragon Wrasse

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

axepilot

AC Members
Jan 10, 2005
Saw him at the LFS about 4 months ago and had to have him. :D

They don't call these guys "rock movers" for nothing. This little guy is a one fish construction company, and I have watched him pick up and move pieces of coral that have to outweigh him 10:1. He spends hours scooping sand in his his mouth and depositing them into a large mound. He then will grab pieces of coral and move them to the top of the mound to complete his bunker. It's absolutely fascinating to watch. He sleeps deep under the sand of his bunker, in true wrasse fashion.

He's not a picky eater, and he doesn't squabble with his tankmates as long as they don't spend too much time hovering around his bunker.

I can spend hours watching him work.............:D

Here's some hasty pics..........forgive the tank. Cleaning day is Saturday.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I absolutely adore them. We have one at my LFS where I work and I spend hours watching. I was surprised at how peaceful he is with other fish, I always thought they were aggressive.

i agree that's my biggest turn off to getting one, I have been considering it. How long does it take for them to change? I'm tring to decide between it and a red corris wrasse- or maybe harlequin tusk?
I went for the Harlequin Tusk;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store