Ottos or Corys with Clown loach

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

minka-1974

AC Members
Sep 15, 2009
Surrey, England
Hi all

I have a clown loach who seems quite happy with his own company and with a 50g tank I don't have room for any more (yes I know he will get too big but when I bought him I was told that he would only get 6" and would be happy by himself and I trusted the store!).

I recently read on a website that clown loaches will make friends with corys (its said Panda corys) and wondered if anyone knows this to be true as I would like a few more bottom feeders (although my neon tetra seem to be taking this job on!)

My other thought was otto's as so many people on here have commented how nice they are. Would they be ok with a 4" clown loach?

Tank inhabitants are: 9 neon tetra, 5 black widow tetra, 8 silver tip tetra, 1 blue gourami, 1 clown loach.

Cheers

Jaykit

Means To An End
Feb 4, 2009
Alberta
I've had my clown loaches in with ottos and bronze cories with no ill effects. They all never grouped together but were never having fights either.

minka-1974

AC Members
Sep 15, 2009
Surrey, England
Quote : hirschy "im sure either would be fine...do you have a preference?"

I think I prefer corys they are pretty lively and seem like they are happy chaps ... have never noticed otto's in my local stores!

From what I have read both are ok in planted aquariums?

Thanks for your comments :eek:

minka-1974

AC Members
Sep 15, 2009
Surrey, England
I have picked up about ottos only eating algae so think I had better leave them for the time being as I only have one ornament with algae on it (from my smaller tank) so think they would get hungry pretty quickly!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store