Cories and Kuhlies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

trigiver01

Follow HIM and be fishers of men!
Dec 16, 2008
Alachua County, FL
I have a 60 gal. w/ a 4' by 1' footprint. It has driftwood and rock with plants, so lots of caves/tunnels/shelter.

I want to put some bottom dwellers in since my tank is 2' tall (highlight the zones). I'm thinking cories and kuhlies. It has a pretty small footprint for so much water, so I'm wondering if 6 cories and 3 kuhlies would be too much? I'm planning on stocking two angels and 16-20 med. schoolers (congo and diamond tetras) too.

Thanks, all!

chenwb

AC Members
Jun 20, 2009
I don't think that's too much. I wouldn't get kuhlis though as they would definitely get lose in a tank of that size. Instead, I'd get more cories =D

joel.uejio

AC Members
Jun 1, 2009
Real Name
Joel
I don't think that's too much. I wouldn't get kuhlis though as they would definitely get lose in a tank of that size. Instead, I'd get more cories =D
:iagree: In a tank that big I would do 10 big 'ol bronze corydoras.

stratusfearrr

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
3 kuhlii's is not enough. I started out with 2 in my 46 bowfront, and then added 3 more. AT first, with only the two, they would always hide. In that size tank, i would add atleast 10 kuhlii's. And maybe five coryadoras. IMO, they are both active and interesting fish.

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
my kuhlis are usually hiding but not from me. they spend most of their time under a plant that is right in the front of the tank and in a large jave fern. i can see them in both of their favorite places.

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
I would do 8 cories and 6 khulis.

trigiver01

Follow HIM and be fishers of men!
Dec 16, 2008
Alachua County, FL
Personally I'd get 8 kuhlis & 6 corys. What other fish do you/will you have?

I don't have any right now - allllllmost done cycling. I intend to have:

2 angels
10 congo tetras
10 diamond or black skirt tetras
cories and kuhlies
amano/cherry shrimp to add life to the bottom if necessary

Do you think 8 kuhlies and 6 cories would be too much? I know cories are community fish, so I want them to be happy. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store