SE ASIAN BIOTOPE YEEEEEAAAAH ZAGGIN!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
Yo dawgs,
Last week I bought a FREAKIN FIGURE 8 PUFFERFISH. THIS MOFO IS SO VIOLENT AND SHTUFF THAT HE EATS ANYTHING, INCLUDING PLANTS, FLAKES that I tried to feed to the dp just incae it was originally fed that at the lfs AND IT DESTROYS GHOST SHRIMP AND MALAYSIAN TRUMPET SNAILS. EXTREEEEEEEEEME YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH.
His name is Pai. Soon I'm gonna trade in the dp that is living with him for some groovy SE asian plants that can handle low end brackish, then I'm gonna buy some BB gobies and acclimate to brackish.

So dawgs,
What are some GROOVY SE ASIAN plants that can live in low end brackish?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Congrats on getting your F8 finally. I really think you should rehome that DP ASAP or put it in a breeder net. If that F8 is as bada$$ as you say, the DP may not last long at all...

See the BW forum at TPF for great ideas on BW plants. It is a good idea to acclimate them along with your puffer, to BW.

MrGrayMySkipper

AC Members
Apr 11, 2009
if the puff eats everything wouldn't it take out a bumble bee gobies?

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
Okay,
Even though my f8 is an extreme mofo who will mess your **** up, he is still a kind and loving creature and never even pays attention to the dp who follows him.
As for the bb gobies,...
Sometime earlier this month, after I bought the dp, the bb goby went mysteriously missing. I checked everywhere, including the bacteria rings and the filter, and I couln't find anything, so I guess I won't have to worry about the bb goby anymore.
So yeah, after looking at that list of plants I'll get some hairgrass and some orchid lilies.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Please don't keep those puffers together for long. Especially when you start making that tank brackish.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
orchid lily? those are not brackish tolerant.

I just posted the asian lists so you could compare which were on both lists so you would have asian plants that are suitable for a brackish tank.

Java moss, java fern, Hygrophila polysperma, najas, water sprite, onion plant...all asian

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
Please don't keep those puffers together for long. Especially when you start making that tank brackish.
Yeah, I'm eventually setting up a 5 gallon tank for the dp by herself.

orchid lily? those are not brackish tolerant.

I just posted the asian lists so you could compare which were on both lists so you would have asian plants that are suitable for a brackish tank.

Java moss, java fern, Hygrophila polysperma, najas, water sprite, onion plant...all asian
Are those the plants that could handle brackish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store