"algae eater" to get along with large black shark

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

andy5268

AC Members
Jun 6, 2001
Basking Ridge, NJ
Had this in gen. freash water but never rec'd an answer, maybe i should have put in herev first...

i have a 110 gallon tank stocked with several large semi agressive cichlids. My bottom dwellers consist of 4 clown loaches and a large (10") black shark. they all eat well but no one does much about eating algae off the glass, plants etc.

i tried buying some algae eaters but i think they are scared to come out and really eat so they spend much of thier time hiding from i assume the shark and my cichlids. any ideas? would a pleco work? guess ineed some one who dines on algae and can also stand his ground.

thanks! best of luck in '04, or just work hard and make your own luck

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
You might have to use a razor blade. You could try buying a larger pleco at your LFS, but being larger pretty much means that it might not eat the algae.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Bristlenose. My rainbow never even notices the bristlenose, but goes after SAE/Otos with a vengeance. Bristlenose also have modified gill plates to defend themselves.

bennylax3

Who wants to go to Fire Lake?
Jan 3, 2004
Michigan
is he just hiding in the day. My pleco hides all day and only comes out when the lights are off and he thinks no one is home. i have a dempsey and tiger barbs that leave him alone

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store