WEIRD: Bumblebee Goby ID and Can white clouds be kept brackish?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stratusfearrr

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
i know thats a bumbleebee goby seeing as how mine looks the same, but mine thrives in my strictly freshwater tank. Maybe they do need low end brackish, but mine has done fine in freshwater

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Not really, I can only tell a couple of species apart. I can tell you that BBGs don't need brackish water though.

zpromoter

AC Members
Jun 15, 2009
i know thats a bumbleebee goby seeing as how mine looks the same, but mine thrives in my strictly freshwater tank. Maybe they do need low end brackish, but mine has done fine in freshwater
Not really, I can only tell a couple of species apart. I can tell you that BBGs don't need brackish water though.

Well that is excellent information to know. I heard that they do better in hard and a little akaline water if in the freshwater aquarium. True? If so, I am right where it should be for them.

Gobioides

AC Members
Oct 27, 2008
Personally I've had better experience with BBG's in brackish water. The ones I keep in freshwater keep fungusing up. I've never had any disease problems in brackish with them.

zpromoter

AC Members
Jun 15, 2009
Personally I've had better experience with BBG's in brackish water. The ones I keep in freshwater keep fungusing up. I've never had any disease problems in brackish with them.
What are they fungusing up with? That seems a little odd to me. Where do they develop the fungus? Mine look really healthy but I just would like to know for down the road.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store