What fish with my rcs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

frogman18

AC Members
Aug 22, 2009
Kentucky
So im building a planted 10 gal with rcs but im thinking i might want to keep a few fish with them, what can i keep that wont eat the baby shrimp?

BigNorsk

AC Members
Nov 13, 2008
I'd have to say that I think anything that will eat brine shrimp will eat immature shrimp.

So if you mean completely leave the shrimp alone, the list is quite small.

Marv

frogman18

AC Members
Aug 22, 2009
Kentucky
i guess what i looking for is something that wont hunt the baby shrimp down. The plan for this tank is to have a carpet and some type of moss attached to driftwood so the will be a few hiding spots and major shrimp reproduction is not what i want, however i would like for a few of the babies to live

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
If you have tons of plants, most likely some will survive but not as much as full potential. I would go with smaller fish such as Nano Rasboras and some Tetras. I wouldn't keep gourami-size fish. Try to stick to smaller size species.

Anything that can fish into a fish's mouth will be eaten, but the adults will probably left alone.

pbmax

AC Members
Aug 18, 2009
Olympia, WA
Guppies will harass your shrimp. I watched some of mine attack some shrimp that were 3x bigger than their mouths. If you want to avoid a shrimp-tastrophy, don't keep guppies with shrimp unless you have tons of hiding places and you never want to see them.

VickiesZoo

AC Members
Aug 25, 2009
NW IN
Real Name
Vickie
I have endlers and rainbow threadfins with mine. They are doing great leaving my shrimp and snails alone. Also heard that danios (which I'm trying to find) and pencil fish work well too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store